Date: Sunday, Nov. 18, 2018
Time: 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Location: Oakridge Tennis Courts
- Membership report
- Review of membership drive campaign
- Programs report (house league, junior academy)
- Financial report
- Feedback from members
- Election 2019 Executive committee
We invite our members to volunteer and become involved in the running of the club. The following are the positions to be filled:
1. President - The President shall preside at all meetings of members and of the Executive and shall see that all orders and resolutions of the members or of the Executive are carried into effect. The president shall act as liaison with the tennis representative from the Sports Unit, Mississauga Recreation Department. He/She will update the Incorporation papers and any other important documents. He/She will ensure that Club events are promoted and advertised, as required.
2. Vice-President - The Vice-President shall, in the absence of the President, perform the duties and exercise the powers of the President and shall perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Executive, including providing advice to the President. This can be a training position for assuming the Presidency. The vice-president will assist the Maintenance Director to organize the Club opening and closing.
3. Treasurer - The Treasurer shall have the custody of the funds of the Club and keep full and accurate accounts of receipts and disbursements in books belonging to the Club. He/she shall deposit all monies and other valuable effects in the name and to the credit of the Club. He/she shall disburse the funds of the Club as may be ordered by the Executive, taking proper vouchers for such disbursements, and shall render to the President and the Executive, whenever they may require, an account of all his/her transactions as Treasurer and of the financial position of the Club, using proper accounting methods.
4. Secretary - The Secretary shall attend all meetings of the Executive and of the members and act as the Secretary thereof and record all votes and minutes of all proceedings in the books to be kept for that purpose. He/she shall give or cause to be given notice of all meetings of the members and of the Executive. The secretary will send out the minutes to all executives within a month of each meeting.
5. Membership-Director - The Membership Director shall have the responsibility of promoting membership in the Club, collecting dues and issuing membership cards and/or identification tags to each paid-up member. The Membership Director shall remit all monies received together with a general accounting of same, to the Treasurer, on a regular basis.
6. Maintenance-Director - The Maintenance Director shall change the lock at the beginning of every season, purchase new keys and provide the city with the key. He/She will be responsible for contacting the City of Mississauga to book contractors for court lighting or tennis courts with the assistance of the President. He/she will assist the Vice-President to organize the Club opening and closing.
7. Web Design Director - The Web Design Director shall be responsible for designing and updating the Club’s website as needed. He/she will also email flyers/reminders to members to promote upcoming events. He/she shall also perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Executive.
8. Social Director - The Social Director shall arrange and supervise all social activities of the Club. He/she shall also perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Executive.
Nominations for Executive positions must be made either: a) in writing to the Secretary (undersigned) at least 24 hours prior to the AGM, indicating the name of the nominee, proposer and seconder, together with the written consent of the nominee; or b) on the floor of the AGM, provided that the nominee, the proposer and seconder are all present at the AGM.
This is an opportunity to bring your ideas for fundraising, improvements, comments on programming.
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!
Oakridge Tennis Club